Whose favorite is ripe mango or raw mango? It’s hard to find people who don’t like this delicious fruit. Many people like to eat raw or ripe mango chutney, whole mango, mango juice in various ways. However, some people think that eating mango can cause weight gain, excessive heat or sweating, sleep deprivation and so on. Because of this fear, many people stay away from mangoes. Is that really so? What does food science say about this? Let’s find out more about the King of Fruits Mango-
Table of Contents
Green mango or Yellow mango?
Mangoes, whether green or yellow, are good for our health. If taken in moderation, neither green nor yellow mango has a negative effect on our body. A healthy normal person can consume 3/4 cup of green mango daily and eating one yellow mango meets about 50% of daily requirement of vitamin C. However, it is better to eat yellow mango with peel. Let’s find out about the nutritional value of mango.
Helps in digestion
Mango is a prebiotic fruit, which is beneficial for various gut bacteria in our stomach. 3/4 cup of mango contains about 6% of dietary fiber. Which helps to keep digestion normal.
Helps in sleep
We have tryptophan, melatonin, and magnesium which speed up our sleep. Eliminates insomnia.
I have more than 20 vitamins and minerals and antioxidants, which made me known as a superfood. Studies have shown that the antioxidants in mangoes reduce the risk of breast and colon cancer. Other studies have also shown that Ame contains anti-cancer, anti-leukemia and other anti-cancer ingredients.
To increase eyesight
Mango is a good source of beta carotene, alpha carotene and vitamin A. 3/4 cup of Ame contains about 7% of the daily requirement of Vitamin A. These ingredients act as antioxidants in our body as well as help to maintain good eyesight.
Skin and hair care
Mango is one of the sources of Vitamin A, C and E which helps in maintaining good skin and hair.
To lose weight
The bioactive and phytochemical elements present in amen play a vital role in the growth and development of fat cells and fat related genes in the body. So do not gain weight or fat easily. That is why the process of weight loss is easy.
Reducing the risk of heart disease
Ame contains high amounts of potassium and fiber which ensure overall heart health by controlling the body’s glucose, cholesterol, weight as well as ideal blood pressure. Mango also has many other benefits. E.g.-
* Mango plays a role in the health of the nervous system.
* Playing mango is good sleep.
* The folate and iron present in Ame helps in the formation of blood cells in the body and helps in reducing the risk of anemia.
* Mango’s glutamic acid helps boost memory.
* Helps to control cholesterol.
* Helps in the formation of healthy epithelium.
* Ame is rich in Vitamin C, which helps in relieving scars and other facial sores and ensures good health of skin, bones and teeth.
Some precautions in eating mango
* Mango should be washed and cleaned well and eaten in clean containers.
* Excess salt and pepper should not be mixed with mango while eating. This will lose nutritional value.
* Water can not be eaten immediately after eating mango.
* Eating too much mango can cause digestive problems.